An exclusive event for Greater Manchester SMEs, to explore graphene and how it can benefit your business.
Are you a Greater Manchester based SME who:
• Wants to find out more about the 2D advanced material graphene?
• Wishes to explore the possibilities of a new innovative venture?
• Is interested in exploring how graphene and 2D advanced materials are used in a wide range of applications, and how this might align with your future projects?
Then you are invited to register your interest in a free place at the two day SME ‘Bridging the Gap’ event at the Graphene Engineering Innovation Centre (GEIC) in Manchester.
Manchester is the home of graphene, a 2D form of carbon that is many times times stronger than steel yet incredibly lightweight and flexible, electrically and thermally conductive but also transparent, and one million times thinner than the diameter of a single human hair. Manchester is where this advanced material was first isolated and its diverse characteristics of interest identified.
The potential uses of graphene and 2D advanced materials cross a wide range of sectors and potential applications including composites, energy, inks and coatings, membranes, and production.
So what will I be doing across two days?
A full agenda will be sent to you before the event, but the two days will cover you -
• Exploring our state of the art laboratories with our specialist team
• Seeing first hand how the application of graphene will open up new global opportunities
• Discussing opportunities for funding and grants, and protecting your ideas
Day one will run from 8.30am to 4.15pm, including breakfast and registration, and a networking lunch. Day two will run from 8.30am to 1.00pm, including breakfast.
Register here: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/greater-manchester-smes-engage-with-graphene-registration-55755568406?aff=ebdssbdestsearch
From this two day event you will have improved understanding of the wide ranging applications of graphene and its commercialisation, and you will have seen how you can interact with our facilities and expertise in graphene and 2D advanced materials.
Please note before you register
This two day event is funded by the European Regional Development Fund. It is delivered free of charge to participants; however, as it is fully-funded, it is classed as state aid to participating businesses and subject to state aid rules and the associated eligibility criteria:
• Greater Manchester SMEs only
• Annual turnover less than 50 million Euro, or balance sheet less than 43 million Euro
We believe graphene's vast potential will only be realised by creating a critical mass of scientists, manufacturers, engineers, innovators and industrialists. Once completed, we will be able to take a graphene application from basic research to finished product. Manchester was the world's first modern industrial city; now we want to establish a Graphene City®.