Faculty Education Academy Conference 2014
Host: Faculty of Medical and Human Sciences
About the event:
The theme of the conference is Developing and Enhancing Education and the keynote speech will be given by Professor Stephen McHanwell – Recognition, Reward and Career Progression (Prof. McHanwell was the lead academic for the HEA benchmarking project on promotions, policies and processes).
Developmental workshops will follow that focus on individual development and cover a range of topics including:
- Writing Educational Grants (Steven Pryjmachuk)
- Publishing (Hilary Myers and Lucie-Byrne Davis)
- Evidencing your Excellence: Gaining Fellowships (Judy Williams and Dianne Burns)
- Applying for Teaching Awards within the University and beyond (Joanne Kerr and Sarah Collins)
- Peer review (Fiona Kevan and Anne Hesketh)
- What should Professional Academic Development look like? (Steven Jones)
The afternoon will start with interactive discussions on the Grand Challenges facing Higher Education and lead into a Learning Showcase (abstract chosen session) with interactive talks from colleagues demonstrating best practice from across the Faculty.
A full programme schedule, along with information on how to submit an abstract for the learning showcase, can be found online
To book a place, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Travel and Contact Information
Chancellors Conference Centre