Collaboratory for Urban Resilience and Energy (CURE) Research Workshop: Resilience for what and for who?
|Starts:||16:00 13 Sep 2017|
|Ends:||18:30 13 Sep 2017|
|What is it:||Workshop|
|Organiser:||Manchester Urban Institute|
|Who is it for:||University staff, Current University students|
Cities worldwide are transforming and bringing new kinds of vulnerability. Many cities now have resilience units, and both Manchester and Melbourne are in the Rockefeller 100 Resilient Cities. But the question comes up everywhere – ‘resilience of what for who’? (e.g. high-carbon industries and post-truth dictatorships each seem very resilient).
This workshop builds on a UK-Australia collaboration, aiming to explore challenges and opportunities, both practical and theoretical. The workshop is a hands-on state-of-the-art interaction, with invited participants, visual thinking tools and copious refreshments.
• Profs Ruth Beilin & Alan March Univ. Melbourne
• Prof Richard Heeks (Global Development Inst)
• Stephen Garvin Building Research Establishment
• Mark Atherton GMCA Environment Team
• Matt Ellis, GMCA Low Carbon Hub
• Karl Astbury GM Resilience Forum
• Prof Jian-Bo Xian (Alliance Manchester Business School)
• Jeremy Carter (CURE, MUI)
• Prof James Evans (CURE, MUI)
• Joe Ravetz (CURE, MUI) (chair)
Places are limited, if you are interested please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Travel and Contact Information
Arthur Lewis Building