An opportunity for experienced users of Harwell national facilities to forge new & deepen existing links with ISIS Neutron and Muon Source, Diamond Light Source, the Central Laser Facility and the Scientific Computing Department.
Join Manchester colleagues and staff from the national facilities and:
• get updates from Harwell national facilities
• catch up on colleagues’ research activities at Harwell
• strengthen links with Harwell national facilities
• develop collaborative opportunities with colleagues from across the University
• shape UoMaH future activities; tell us how we can support your projects at Diamond and ISIS
The event will include poster presentations on research and support from UoMaH fellows and the core technical team. We also welcome posters from early career researchers who would like to present their research at Harwell.
8.45 Registration opens
9.20 Report on UoMaH progress - Neil Bourne, UoMaH Director
9.40 Presentations/updates from national facilities
• Capabilities at the Central Laser Facility (CLF) - Ceri Brenner
• Update from the Scientific Computing Department (SCD ) - Barbara Montanari
• Update from ISIS Neutron & Muon Source - TBC
• Update from Diamond Light Source - TBC
10.20 Refreshments and poster viewing
10.45 Case studies of research at Harwell facilities
• Tom Thomson, Department of Computer Science
• Kevin Taylor, Department of Earth & Environmental Science
• Two other case studies tbc
11.45 Panel discussion / Q&A session Panel drawn from Harwell facilities staff, speakers, UoMaH Fellows
12.15 Lunch, networking & poster viewing
Facilitated discussions – Chaired by Robert McGreevy, ISIS Neutron & Muon Source Director
13.15 Session 1 - Where are we now?
14.30 Short break to allow movement between discussion groups
14.45 Session 2 - Where do we go from here?
16.00 Feedback from discussion groups
16.15 Networking and light refreshments
17.00 End of session