FMHS-FLS Research Forum: Manchester Collaborative Centre for Inflammation Research
|Starts:||14:00 25 Apr 2013|
|Ends:||16:00 25 Apr 2013|
|What is it:||Talk|
|Organiser:||Faculty of Life Sciences|
|Who is it for:||Alumni, Current University students, University staff|
Host: Faculty of Life Sciences
Title: Manchester Collaborative Centre for Inflammation Research
FMHS Discussion leaders: Tracey Hussell, James Fildes, Amy Saunders
FLS Discussion leaders: Daniel Davis, Andrew MacDonald, Mark Travis
Topics to be discussed:
- Altered health in the lung
- Clues to disease pathogenesis from patient stratification
- Maintenance of skin immune tolerance
- Dysregulation of homeostatic mechanisms in skin inflammation
- Super-resolution microscopy in particular Nano-scale organisation of cell surfaces
- Molecular recognition of disease by NK cells and T cells
- Dendritic cell coordination of Type 2 inflammation
- Epigenetic regulation of innate immune cell function •Regulation of intestinal immunity.
- Control of regulatory T-cells in health and inflammation.
- Immune activation in the failing heart
- Homeostatic mechanisms of repair in the heart
About the 'FMHS-FLS Research Forum:
Enhancing FMHS-FLS biomedical research collaborations is a high priority. To advance cross-faculty links, a regular fortnightly series of informal topic-based cross-faculty research meetings (started in January 2013) aims to target ‘hot’ translational biomedical topics that are very likely to benefit from strong cross-faculty research links.
- The format is flexible, but usually involves short presentations with discussion, followed by break-out sessions with refreshments.
- We wish to encourage and support cross-faculty collaborations leading to major new strategic funding and research outputs, and innovative research opportunities for clinical/non-clinical students.
- Everyone is welcome to attend.
- Full details of each individual topic(s), and the FMHS and FLS Lead PIs, will be circulated well in advance.
- Funding support: an FMHS Research Strategy Coordinator and an FLS Research Support Manager will be present at each Forum meeting, to provide targeted advice on internal and external funding.
- Suggestions for future topics are strongly encouraged, please contact Cay Kielty.
- Academic organiser: Cay Kielty, firstname.lastname@example.org +44(0)161 275 5739
- For FLS:
- Deborah Bentley: email@example.com or +44(0)161 275 5465
- For FMHS:
- Kay Hodgson: firstname.lastname@example.org or +44(0)161 306 0552 (for Institute of Brain, Behaviour and Mental Health / Institute of Human Development / School of Psychological Sciences)
- Katherine Boylan: email@example.com or +44(0)161 275 7594 (for Institute of Cancer Sciences / Institute of Cardiovascular Sciences / School of Dentistry / School of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences)
- Daniel Jameson: firstname.lastname@example.org or +44(0)161 306 0553 (for Institute of Inflammation and Repair / Institute of Population Health / School of Nursing, Midwifery and Social Work)
Travel and Contact Information
AV Hill Building