Publishing Session (Workshop)
|Starts:||12:00 24 Nov 2014|
|Ends:||14:00 24 Nov 2014|
|What is it:||Workshop|
|Who is it for:||Current University students|
This publishing session will consist of two talks -
1. Emma Brennan / Matthew Frost (Manchester University Press)
Summary: This seminar will be on framing a book project from your thesis research, submitting a book proposal to a publisher, and what happens next.
Coverage: It will be delivered by a University Press publisher from the Humanities and Social Sciences, and will relate to those discipline areas, and books specifically.
Objectives, to provide students with:
- Ideas on how to approach forming a book project
- A view of what publishers are looking for in a book proposal
- Some information about peer review
- An opportunity to ask informal questions of an academic publisher
2. Dr David Matthews (Senior lecturer in Middle English Literature and Culture)
This session will look at all aspects of the development of an article for journal publication, thinking about preparation and submission, and considering how to deal with requests for revision and resubmission. We will discuss strategies for getting your work published in the best possible forum.
Booking required through the training catalogue https://app.manchester.ac.uk/SALCS8916
Travel and Contact Information