Discovering neighbourhood statistics
|Dates:||13 November 2015|
|Times:||09:30 - 12:30|
|What is it:||Talk|
|Organiser:||School of Social Sciences|
|Who is it for:||Adults, Current University students, General public, University staff|
|Speaker:||Dr Laurence Lessard-Phillips|
The event is relevant to the target audience members of local organisations interested in discovering aspects of the neighbourhoods where they live but may not know how to access these tools (or how to use them).
This will be a three hour-long workshop (based in a computer lab) to introduce the Neighbourhood Statistics website to individuals who are unfamiliar with the online tool, which is freely available. The topics to be covered are:
• overview of the website (main purpose and main data sources)
• brief introduction to the geographical units utilised when gathering and presenting area-level data (eg Census, electoral and administrative geographies)
• in-depth exploration of the main tools available on the Neighbourhood Statistics website to access area-level data (ie Finding Statistics, Neighbourhood Summary, Topics, Custom Searches)
• brief discussion of how data can be presented (tables or maps)
• additional resources (eg online support and face-to-face training opportunities).
Contact Laurence Lessard-Phillips for further information.
REGISTER at: https://discover-neighbourhood-statistics.eventbrite.co.uk
Dr Laurence Lessard-Phillips
Travel and Contact Information
Humanities Bridgeford Street