[Internal UoM Event] Innovation Clubs Multi Club Networking Event
|Starts:||14:00 16 Sep 2022|
|Ends:||16:00 16 Sep 2022|
|What is it:||Forum|
|Who is it for:||University staff, Current University students|
This is an opportunity for Innovation Club members to meet members from other clubs in-person, including:
• Additive Manufacturing
• Data Science and AI
• Julia Users
The event will feature a demonstration of VR technology with a chance to participate, as well as a structured networking activity and some more relaxed time to mingle and chat.
To book for the Multi Club Networking Event please use the booking link to the right.
The September meeting slots for Imaging, Additive Manufacturing, Mapping/GIS, VR@Manchester and Data Science & AI will run as drop-in online chat sessions in case any club members would like a chance to meet at a dedicated club meeting after the summer break.
- 1st September, 2pm Imaging
- 9th September, 3pm Data Science and AI
- 16th September,12noon VR@Manchester
- 21st September, 2pm Additive Manufacturing
- 28th September, 3pm Mapping/GIS
The purpose of Innovation Club activity is to allow UoM researchers to:
- Present their research and discuss sticking points that the community may be able to help them with
- Find new collaboration partners from across the University
- Ask questions within the community so that members can share experience/ideas to save time
- Share ideas on funding calls that are relevant to the community
- Share equipment (if free) and resources
- Discuss technology/methodology advances and provide advice on what to/not to buy
- Advertise talks that may be of interest to the community & widen participation across campus.
The Innovation Clubs align closely with Digital Futures' capabilities themes and are targeted particularly at early career researchers. The Innovation Clubs help to build communities of practice around key digital research technologies and provide a forum for researchers to share their knowledge, experience and practical skills in these areas.
This activity is also part of wider IT club activity Computation and Data in research (CaDiR).
To join the meetings, please sign up via the Innovation Clubs link to the right. You will be added to the meeting series and will also join a dedicated Microsoft Teams space to network with other members.
Travel and Contact Information