eSurvey ODK Training Workshop
|Starts:||09:30 16 May 2018|
|Ends:||12:30 16 May 2018|
|What is it:||Course|
|Organiser:||Cathie Marsh Institute for Social Research|
|Who is it for:||University staff|
ODK (Open Data Kit) is an open source set of tools which allows the creation and deployment of survey forms to Android devices, as well as the collation of survey data to a central server from where it can be downloaded in a variety of formats for local processing.
The survey design can be arbitrarily complex with groups and repeating groups of questions as well as optional questions based on previous responses.
This workshop will cover:
• Overview of the open source ODK (Open Data Kit) and its components
• Description of XLSForm and instructions for creating survey forms
• Examples of downloading data from ODK aggregate in different formats
• Processing downloaded data in CSV and JSON formats using Python
By the end of the course, students should have gained
• An understanding of the ODK components and where they are used
• The ability to create a survey form using XLSform and upload it to the ODK Server
• Understand how forms are downloaded to the Android phone, completed and the data returned to the server
• The ability to download the collected data and perform basic processing on it.
To Book: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/odk-training-workshop-tickets-45238570783
Travel and Contact Information
Humanities Bridgeford Street