Empowering innovation in the Northern Powerhouse: beyond graphene will bring together mayor leaders of the STEM industry and senior representatives of the largest scientific/innovation bodies in Manchester with PhD students, post-doctoral researchers, entrepreneurs and SMEs to showcase/highlight the innovations that are currently being developed in Manchester and the initiatives supporting them.
Mayor scientific organisations and bodies for the scientific field in Manchester will be represented on the day, consisting of a special guest, 3 keynote speakers and a panel discussion, followed by a networking session.
Register at http://www.InnoForumManchester.eventbrite.com
• 6:05 PM - 6:15 PM - Welcome by Innovation Forum
• 6:15 PM - 6:25 PM - Welcome by Dame Prof. Nancy Rothwell (President, UoM)
• 6:25 PM - 6:45 PM - Keynote 1 Hakim Yadi (CEO, Northern Health Science Alliance)
• 6:45 PM - 7:05 PM - Keynote 2 Rowena Burns (CEO, Manchester Science Partnerships)
• 7:05 PM - 7:25 PM - Keynote 3 Martino Picardo (CEO, Stevenage Bioscience Catalyst)
• 7:25 PM - 8:40 PM - Panel discussion; Professor Jean-Noel Ezingeard (Deputy VC, MMU), Dr Geoff Davison (CEO, Bionow), Claire Brown (Investment Manager, Alderley Parks), Dr Andy Jones (VP Pharmaceutical Innovations, Astra Zeneca), Lynn Sheppard (Director, Manchester Enterprise Centre) and others will participate in the panel discussion.
• 8:40 PM - 8:45 PM - Closing remarks
• 8:45 PM - 9:30 PM - Networking/wine reception
Professor Dame Nancy Rothwell
Role: President and Vice-chancellor
Organisation: The University of Manchester
Dr Martino Picardo
Organisation: BioScience Catalyst
Organisation: Manchester Science Partnerships
Dr Hakim Yadi
Organisation: Northern Health Science Alliance