Making your academic supervision work for you
|Starts:||13:00 13 Nov 2014|
|Ends:||14:00 13 Nov 2014|
|What is it:||Activity|
|Organiser:||The University of Manchester|
|Venue opening hours:||13:00-14:00|
|Who is it for:||Current University students|
• Do you have an uneasy or unproductive relationship with your supervisor?
• Are you finding it difficult to communicate with him/her?
• Is it difficult to get your point across?
• Do you spend long periods of time thinking about how to approach your supervisor?
• Are you afraid of upsetting him/her or making him/her angry?
• Do you want to improve your ability to communicate effectively ?
• Would you like an opportunity to think about how you might get more out of the supervisory relationship?
What is involved in the workshop?
• Identifying some ways of behaving and communicating that may help you become more effective in the relationship.
• Learning ways of managing relationships more effectively
• Changing or trying out new ways of behaving that will fit you better for your career ahead as well as for now.
Drop in - no booking needed.
This event is part of Wellbeing Week 2014 (10th-14th November). To see all the events on during the week please see: http://events.manchester.ac.uk/calendar/tag:ser-wellbeingweek/ or to download a printable PDF and to find out more about the week, visit http://www.manchester.ac.uk/wellbeingweek.
Travel and Contact Information