MICRA Seminar 'Male Ageing'
|Starts:||13:00 19 Oct 2011|
|Ends:||16:00 19 Oct 2011|
|What is it:||Seminar|
Manchester Interdisciplinary Collaboration for Research on Ageing invites you to hear leading researchers in the field of ageing from the University of Manchester:
A great opportunity to hear international expert Professor Fred Wu talk about the male menopause, and to learn how this is studied in population level research through the European Male Ageing Study from study co-ordinator Joe Finn. Alongside this sociologist Paul Simpson will share his research around how middle-aged gay men (39-61) manage growing older.
Joe Finn (Epidemiology) – Male ageing: lessons from an international study (European Male Ageing Study) Professor Fred Wu (Medicine and Endocrinology) – The Male Menopause Paul Simpson (Sociology) – How do middle-aged gay men in Manchester respond to the ageing process and gay ageism?
- Free event, all are welcome; likely to interest researchers,members of the public, voluntary and private sector providers, healthcare practitioners, policy makers and students.
- Opportunity to question leading researchers in the field of ageing
- To book register online at http://www.ihs.manchester.ac.uk/events/futureworkshops/MICRA191011
- Further information at www.manchester.ac.uk/micra
- Contact Jo Garsden, MICRA Project Co-ordinator email@example.com or +44 (0)161 275 1298
Travel and Contact Information
G306B Jean McFarlane Building