Junk The Jargon: Grand Final
|Starts:||15:30 10 Feb 2011|
|Ends:||17:30 10 Feb 2011|
|What is it:||Lecture|
Every wondered what kind of research work takes place at The University of Manchester? But want the bite-size, quick and easy story?
Then come along to this free event, which challenges our researchers to present their research topics to the general public. In just 3 minutes our researchers need to make their topic clear, interesting and entertaining - strictly no jargon allowed! You get to vote on the winner in this X-Factor style competition.
The inspiring, creative, and amusing talks include:
- How computers can find a cure for cancer
- Untangling the atmosphere - the hunt for turbulence
- Skedaddle! The Victorian love affair with American Slang
- I prefer dogs
- Why you should cook your meat
- How I taught my Dad to use predictive text
- Careless whiskers
- Business talking green: red herrings, rose-tinted spectacles and blue-skies thinking
- I think therefore I feel?
Everyone is welcome. Bring your work-mates, bring your friends, bring your family!
Along with our judges from the BBC, Museum of Science & Industry and the Institute of Ideas you get to take part in the audience vote.
Travel and Contact Information