MHS Faculty Research Series 2013
|Starts:||12:30 19 Jun 2013|
|Ends:||14:00 19 Jun 2013|
|What is it:||Seminar|
|Organiser:||Institute of Inflammation and Repair|
|Who is it for:||Current University students, University staff|
Host: Institute of Inflammation and Repair and Institute of Cardiovascular Sciences
Speakers: Professor Ian Bruce, Centre for Musculoskeletal Research, Institute of Inflammation and Repair and Dr Reza Aghamohammadzadeh, Institute of Cardiovascular Sciences
Registration: Eventbrite - http://mhsfacultyresearchseries19june.eventbrite.co.uk
(1) Title: 'Accelerated atherosclerosis in chronic inflammatory diseases'
Senior investigator: Professor Ian Bruce, Centre for Musculoskeletal Research, Institute of Inflammation and Repair
Ian Bruce is Professor of Rheumatology and an NIHR Senior Investigator at the Arthritis Research UK Epidemiology Unit, Centre for Musculoskeletal Research, Institute of Inflammation and Repair. His clinical work is as Lead Clinician at The Kellgren Centre for Rheumatology, Central Manchester and Manchester Children's University Hospitals Trust. He is also Medical Director of the NIHR Manchester Wellcome Trust Clinical Research Facility and Centre Academic Lead for the NIHR Translational Research Partnership in Joint and Related Inflammatory Diseases. In the NIHR Manchester Musculoskeletal Biomedical Research Unit he is research theme lead for Connective Tissue Diseases.
(2) Title: Perivascular adipose tissue: Good fat, bad fat, and the rescued fat
Junior researcher: Dr Reza Aghamohammadzadeh, Institute of Cardiovascular Sciences
Reza Aghamohammadzadeh is an NIHR Academic Clinical Fellow in Cardiology, based at the Institute of Cardiovascular Medicine and Manchester Royal Infirmary. He will present data from his PhD that was funded by a personal BHF fellowship. The focus will be on perivascular adipose tissue in health and obesity.
About the Faculty Research Series:
- These are monthly events that are open to all staff and students from across the Faculty of Medical and Human Sciences and the University, offering an opportunity to celebrate research achievement and stimulate scientific interaction. Each month, one host School or Institute from the Faculty will pair with a different School or Institute to highlight and showcase similar topics from different perspectives.
- The 2013 series is being led by Professor David Eisner and administered from the Faculty Research Office.
- Held on Wednesday lunchtimes, each meeting lasts an hour, including two 20-25 minute presentations – one from a junior and one from a more senior member of Faculty staff.
- Each presentation will be followed by a short discussion.
- A buffet lunch will be available from 12.30 pm.
- Presentations begin: 1.00 pm.
Travel and Contact Information
Jean McFarlane Building