CMIST Short Course :: Introductory :: Introduction to STATA
|Starts:||10:00 21 Jan 2015|
|Ends:||17:00 21 Jan 2015|
|What is it:||Short course|
|Organiser:||Cathie Marsh Institute for Social Research|
|How much:||£195, £140 (Price varies on specific criteria. Contact Short Courses Administrator for more information.)|
|Who is it for:||University staff, Adults, General public|
The course provides an introductory training in STATA, a statistical package increasingly used for social research data analysis which has powerful data manipulation procedures and extensive and powerful statistical capabilities.
- The aim of the course is to familiarise participants with the basic features of STATA 9.0. On completing the course, participants will have covered the following through a combination of presentation and practical sessions;
- The STATA environment: Opening and exploring files, looking at labels, editing and entering data.
- Exploratory analysis: logging outputs, producing tables, subsetting and descriptive statistics.
- Data manipulation: computing new variables, recoding, keeping and dropping, saving commands in a .do file.
- STATA graphics, help and supporting resources.
Price: £195, £140 (Price varies on specific criteria. Contact Short Courses Administrator for more information.)
Travel and Contact Information
Humanities Bridgeford Street