Academic-SME Networking Event
Host: Faculty of Medical and Human Sciences
About the event:
This event is to highlight opportunities for partnering between SMEs and academic groups. It will aim to provide an overview of some of the available funding schemes focussed on developing such relationships and driving innovation in the biomedical sector. There will also be opportunities for networking and to speak to experts about specific opportunities and to develop links between company and academic partners.
- 9.30 Onwards - Arrive, register, coffee
- 10.00 Introduction and welcome- Kris Matykiewicz
- 10.30 Knowledge Exchange overview: Opportunities
- 10.45 Research Councils overview: Industrial CASE and Centres for Doctoral Training
- 11.00 Wellcome Trust
- 11.15 Networking, open zones and information provision
- 12.15 Lunch
In addition there will be a University Business Engagement and Intellectual Property zone for more general enquiries.
The event would be open to SMEs and academics with key representatives present from UoM/Bionow/MSP
Travel and Contact Information
Manchester Science Park