FMHS-FLS Research Forum: Inflammatory skin disease
|Starts:||14:00 27 Jun 2013|
|Ends:||16:00 27 Jun 2013|
|What is it:||Talk|
|Organiser:||Faculty of Medical and Human Sciences|
|Who is it for:||Alumni, Current University students, University staff|
Host: Faculty of Medical and Human Sciences
Title: Inflammatory skin disease
Location: 1.006 AV Hill Building
About the FMHS-FLS Research Forum:
Enhancing FMHS-FLS biomedical research collaborations is a high priority. To advance cross-faculty links, a regular fortnightly series of informal topic-based cross-faculty research meetings (started in January 2013) aims to target ‘hot’ translational biomedical topics that are very likely to benefit from strong cross-faculty research links.
- The format is flexible, but usually involves short presentations with discussion, followed by break-out sessions with refreshments.
- We wish to encourage and support cross-faculty collaborations leading to major new strategic funding and research outputs, and innovative research opportunities for clinical/non-clinical students.
- Everyone is welcome to attend.
- Full details of each individual topic(s), and the FMHS and FLS Lead PIs, will be circulated well in advance.
- Funding support: a Research Strategy Coordinator from the FMHS Research Deanery (www.manchester.ac.uk/mhs/deanery) and an FLS Research Support Manager will be present at each Forum meeting, to provide targeted advice on internal and external funding.
- Suggestions for future topics are strongly encouraged, please contact Cay Kielty.
Contacts: Academic organiser: Cay Kielty, firstname.lastname@example.org +44(0)161 275 5739
- For FLS:
- Deborah Bentley: email@example.com or +44(0)161 275 5465
- For FMHS (Research Deanery Research Strategy Coordinators):
- Kay Hodgson: firstname.lastname@example.org or +44(0)161 306 0552 (for Institute of Brain, Behaviour and Mental Health and School of Psychological Sciences)
- Katherine Boylan: email@example.com or +44(0)161 275 7594 (for Institute of Cancer Sciences and Institute of Cardiovascular Sciences)
- Daniel Jameson: firstname.lastname@example.org or +44(0)161 306 0553 (for Institute of Inflammation and Repair and School of Nursing, Midwifery and Social Work)
- Roz Kelly: Roz.email@example.com or +44(0) 161 306 0562 (for Institute of Population Health and School of Dentistry)
- Lisa Hearty: Lisa.firstname.lastname@example.org or +44 (0)161 306 0551 (for Institute of Human Development and School of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences)
Travel and Contact Information
AV Hill Building