Our Heritage, Our Future: Celebrating Black History Month
|Starts:||16 Oct 2017|
|Ends:||16 Oct 2017|
|What is it:||Talk|
|Organiser:||Faculty of Science and Engineering|
|Who is it for:||University staff, Adults, Alumni, Current University students, General public|
Join staff and students from the across the Faculty of Science and Engineering and a whole host of guest speakers as we mark 30 years of Black History Month in the UK. We will be reflecting on progress made towards equality at Manchester and celebrating the significant contribution made by our Faculty’s Black staff and students to the University and wider society. There will be a series of thought-provoking and inspiring talks from guest speakers including:
• Dr Dawn Edge - Academic Lead for Equality, Diversity and Inclusion at The University of Manchester
• Georgina Lewis and Berrisford Edwards - Co-Chairs of the BAME Staff Network
• Joanne Jacobs - Equity and Merit scholarship programme
• Riddi Viswanathan - Diversity Officer on the Manchester Students' Union Exec
• Jonah Ogbuneke - Chemical Engineering student and VoluntHero
• Yusuf Tarajia - Mechanical Engineering student and spoken word poet
Following the talks, there will be time for networking and refreshments will be served.
When: Thursday 26th October, 4.00pm-7.00pm
Where: G.107 Alan Turing Building, The University of Manchester
The event is free to attend and is open to all staff and students. Please bring a friend as well.
To register your attendance, visit Eventbrite through the link provided.
We hope to see you there.
Travel and Contact Information
Alan Turing Building