Coffee, Cake and Culture
|Dates:||9 June 2018|
|Times:||14:00 - 16:00|
|What is it:||Workshop|
|Who is it for:||Adults, General public|
Making culture accessible to people living with dementia, their families and carers.
We offer fully supported museum visits for people living with dementia and their family members or care partner.
The aim of the programme is to provide a stimulating social learning environment where people living with dementia, families and carers share their visit, experiences and memories. Reawakening the mind and connecting to the world around us museums and galleries give us a chance to be creative and imaginative.
On the 9 June, we will be offering art making and music based activities followed by an opportunity to have coffee, cake and conversation.
- Quality time for the person with dementia, their family and/or their carer
- Promotes creativity and imagination
- Prevents social isolation
- Provides meaningful, age appropriate and stimulating activity
- Encourages all to focus on the person and not on the illness
- Enhances communication and enables connections to the world around us
- Meet in the learning studio for this two hour session.
9 June, 2-4pm, the Learning Studio and South Gallery, free.
Travel and Contact Information