N8 Centre of Excellence in Computationally Intensive Research (N8 CIR) – Introductory workshop
|Dates:||15 November 2019|
|Times:||12:00 - 14:00|
|What is it:||Workshop|
|Organiser:||Faculty of Biology, Medicine and Health|
|Who is it for:||University staff|
|Speaker:||Gillian Sinclair, Niels Peek|
The recently established N8 Centre of Excellence in Computationally Intensive Research (N8 CIR) provides methods, skills and facilities in computationally intensive research to underpin the strategic research objectives of the N8 universities. The Centre aims to provide a competitive edge, extending the boundaries of the possible by:
• Building communities of practice focused on selected N8 strategic research priorities;
• Developing skills, including building a community of research software engineers;
• Developing shared software infrastructure to support research priorities and cross-cutting capabilities;
• Facilitating the provision of shared high-performance computing resources involving N8 partners;
• Facilitating access to the national e-Infrastructure ecosystem;
• Positioning N8 to leverage future funding for CIR.
Please join us at this introduction workshop if you want to find out more about the N8 CIR, what we do, and what we can offer researchers across N8.
The event will feature short presentations, case studies, and the opportunity to feed into our future plans. It is open to PhD students, researchers, research support staff, library staff etc - anyone who is involved in computationally intensive research.
Lunch will be provided to attendees of the workshop.
Role: Programme Manager, N8 CIR
Role: Digital Futures lead for Health and Care, SHS
Travel and Contact Information
Ellen Wilkinson Building