FMHS-FLS Research Forum | Core facilities
|Starts:||14:00 27 Mar 2014|
|Ends:||16:00 27 Mar 2014|
|What is it:||Workshop|
|Organiser:||Faculty of Medical and Human Sciences|
|Who is it for:||Current University students, University staff|
Host: A jointly hosted event by Faculty of Medical and Human Sciences and the Faculty of Life Sciences
About the event:
Enhancing FMHS-FLS biomedical research collaborations is a high priority. To advance cross-faculty links, a regular fortnightly series of informal topic-based cross-faculty research meetings (started in January 2013) aims to target ‘hot’ translational biomedical topics that are very likely to benefit from strong cross-faculty research links.
The format is flexible, but usually involves short presentations with discussion, followed by break-out sessions with refreshments.
We wish to encourage and support cross-faculty collaborations leading to major new strategic funding and research outputs, and innovative research opportunities for clinical/non-clinical students.
Everyone is welcome to attend.
Full details of each individual topic(s), and the FMHS and FLS Lead PIs, will be circulated well in advance.
Funding support: a Research Strategy Coordinator from the FMHS Research Deanery (www.manchester.ac.uk/mhs/deanery) and an FLS Research Support Manager will be present at each Forum meeting, to provide targeted advice on internal and external funding.
Suggestions for future topics are strongly encouraged, please contact Cay Kielty.
- Academic organiser: Cay Kielty, firstname.lastname@example.org +44(0)161 275 5739
- Deborah Bentley: email@example.com or +44(0)161 275 5465
For FMHS (Research Deanery Research Strategy Coordinators):
- Kay Hodgson: firstname.lastname@example.org or +44(0)161 306 0552 (for Institute of Brain, Behaviour and Mental Health and School of Psychological Sciences)
- Katherine Boylan: email@example.com or +44(0)161 275 7594 (for Institute of Cancer Sciences and Institute of Cardiovascular Sciences)
- Daniel Jameson: firstname.lastname@example.org or +44(0)161 306 0553 (for Institute of Inflammation and Repair and School of Nursing, Midwifery and Social Work)
- Roz Kelly: Roz.email@example.com or +44(0) 161 306 0562 (for Institute of Population Health and School of Dentistry)
- Lisa Hearty: Lisa.firstname.lastname@example.org or +44 (0)161 306 0551 (for Institute of Human Development and Manchester Pharmacy School)
Travel and Contact Information
AV Hill Building