A short documentary exposing the truth about the most hidden aspect of poverty in the
UK today -- lack of access to clothing, and its impact
• What does it mean to really have nothing to wear?
• Who does clothing poverty affect, and what impact does it have?
• How easy is it to alleviate it, and what can YOU do to support us?
These questions and more will be answered by this powerful short film by Roscoe
Rutter Ltd, shot in March and May 2021 at Sharewear Clothing Scheme's
Nottingham and Sheffield Centres.
Packed with revealing interviews with those that Sharewear support and the
organisations we work with to make that happen, including Framework, NUH
Hospitals, Jericho Road Project and Futures.
Our team of employees and volunteers also give their invaluable input, highlighting
the challenges and rewards of being a part of Team Sharewear. In the Q&A,
the relationship between Sharewear’s work and the Right to Clothing will also
• 15min film
• Q&A with the CEO of Sharewear Clothing Scheme, Louise Cooke
• Luke Graham will also discuss the relationship between clothing poverty and the right to adequate clothing
Find our CEO listed here https://www.independent.co.uk/happylist at number 9, as
one of the 50 'most outstanding individuals' in the country, with an explanation as to
why. This work was carried out by outstanding individuals on our team, and you can
meet them in the film, as well as the people and organisations they support -- not all
over the country but right here in Nottinghamshire.
In the media: Clothing banks warn of families in crisis as demand soars, Fleur Britten,
The Guardian, Sun 20 June 2021