BRC P4 Medicine Themed Discussion & Networking Event: 'Supporting inclusive translational research'
|Starts:||09:30 21 Nov 2019|
|Ends:||13:00 21 Nov 2019|
|What is it:||Workshop|
|Organiser:||Faculty of Biology, Medicine and Health|
Manchester NIHR Biomedical Research Centre (BRC) Themed Discussion and Networking Event
'Supporting inclusive translational research'
Participation, Engagement & Involvement
‘Supporting inclusive translational research’ will explore and offer practical tools to embed an inclusive approach within translational research across the research cycle, including research design and delivery, dissemination, recruitment, public and patient engagement and involvement.
The session will be highly interactive and structured around presentations and parallel workshops.
Learning outcomes will include:
- Understanding the importance and relevance of inclusive research in national and local contexts;
- Have a greater understanding of how to embed diversity and inclusion practices throughout the research cycle;
- Increasing their own confidence and inclusive capabilities by using resources such as tools and models;
- Learn from practical case studies and hear from our public contributors / specialist advisory group;
- Understand how the Public Programmes team supports inclusive research and public involvement.
Travel and Contact Information