Campus Visit for School and College Groups
|Starts:||12:30 13 Jul 2017|
|Ends:||15:30 13 Jul 2017|
|What is it:||Campus visit/tour|
|Organiser:||Student Recruitment and Widening Participation Team|
|Who is it for:||Post 16, Secondary schools|
- This event is fully booked; other dates are available --
Teachers of post-16 students may bring groups of their pupils to visit The University of Manchester campus, in order to get a taste of university life and experience first-hand the atmosphere of the University campus.
These visits are aimed at Year 11 and 12 students, with a focus on how to prepare for higher education. Visits begin at 12.30pm, with the campus tour finishing at 2.30pm. If you would like to stay for the Art of Application session, this will last an hour and will finish at 3.30pm.
The visits will include the following activities:
- a welcome presentation – featuring aspects to consider when choosing what and where to study, student life and information about The University of Manchester;
- a student ambassador Q&A panel – where your group get the opportunity to quiz current students about student life and the process of applying to university;
- a campus tour of the University;
- an optional 'Art of Application' session – this focuses on the UCAS application process, in particular what to include in a personal statement.
Schools or Colleges must book these visits in advance. They have limited capacity and may become fully booked.
Travel and Contact Information