[Internal UoM Event] Data Science and AI Innovation Club Monthly Meeting
|Dates:||21 October 2022|
|Times:||15:00 - 16:00|
|What is it:||Forum|
|Who is it for:||University staff, Current University students|
This is a monthly meeting of the Data Science and AI Innovation Club.
Innovation Spotlight: David Wong will talk to us about research funding for Data Science and AI.
The purpose of Data Science and AI club activity is to allow UoM researchers to:
- Present their research and discuss sticking points that the community may be able to help them with
- Find new collaboration partners from across the University
- Ask questions within the community so that members can share experience/ideas to save time
- Share ideas on funding calls that are relevant to the community
- Share equipment (if free) and resources
- Discuss technology/methodology advances and provide advice on what to/not to buy
- Advertise talks that may be of interest to the community & widen participation across campus.
Club Leads: Dr Matthew Thorpe, David Wong, Dr Tingting Mu
The Innovation Clubs align closely with Digital Futures' capabilities themes and are targeted particularly at early career researchers. The Innovation Clubs help to build communities of practice around key digital research technologies and provide a forum for researchers to share their knowledge, experience and practical skills in these areas.
This activity is also part of wider IT club activity Computation and Data in research (CaDiR).
To join the meetings, please sign up via the Innovation Clubs link to the right. You will be added to the meeting series and will also join a dedicated Microsoft Teams space to network with other members.
Travel and Contact Information