Thomas Ashton Institute Research Showcase
|Dates:||10 May 2023|
|Times:||11:00 - 15:00|
|What is it:||Open day|
|Organiser:||Thomas Ashton Institute|
|Who is it for:||University staff, Current University students|
A showcase of the diverse and innovative research happening in the Thomas Ashton Institute for Risk and Regulatory Research. This will be an in-person research showcase day on Wednesday 10th May at the University of Manchester.
This free showcase will kick-off with a morning of presentations exploring the 6 research themes of the Institute:
- Digitalisation and complexity - How the digital revolution impacting society can be harnessed to continuously improve safety and health and be best employed to assure a resilient working world.
- Leadership, Work and Wellbeing - How to improve the health, wellbeing and safety of the workforce.
- Reliability and resilience - Understanding the interdependency between activities that make up our complex work environments so they are designed and managed to be safer and more resilient.
- Safer Infrastructures - How to continuously improve the safety and resilience of new and existing infrastructures and industries.
- Social Change and Inequalities - How improvements in health and safety can support societal changes to the way work is undertaken.
- Work and Health - How work and health outcomes are intimately interlinked, and what interventions can improve health outcomes.
After a complimentary lunch, the afternoon will include presentations from senior and early career researchers; we aim to display a varied cross-section of the research that is happening within the Institute at the University of Manchester. The event will end with a chance to network over coffee and cake.
Please register for the showcase via Eventbrite: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/thomas-ashton-institute-research-showcase-tickets-547650516437
Finally, in the evening, we are thrilled to have Professor Dame Carol Black delivering this year's Annual TAI Lecture: Work, Health, and Wellbeing post pandemic.
Please register for the lecture separately via Eventbrite: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/tai-annual-lecture-2023-work-health-and-wellbeing-post-pandemic-tickets-531980577227
Travel and Contact Information
Lecture Theatre B
Engineering Building A
University of Manchester
Booth Street East