|Starts:||09:30 6 Jul 2010|
|Ends:||15:00 6 Jul 2010|
|What is it:||Outreach and enrichment activities|
|Who is it for:||Secondary schools|
Who we are and where we come from has an impact on all of our thoughts and actions. This conference will introduce Y10 learners to the concept of identity through an inter-disciplinary approach. Learners will:
• Undertake activities in mixed-school groups, developing team-work, communication and leadership skills and confidence. The day will particularly focus on developing questioning skills.
• Discuss and debate definitions of the concept ‘Identity’.
• Take part in two subject-specific workshops, each with its own methodological approach to the concept of Identity.
• Engage in whole group discussion in plenary about the conclusions they have drawn from the day.
• Experience what it would be like to attend an academic conference as a delegate.
Travel and Contact Information
University Place Visitors Centre