Ethics of the Alternatives to War
|Starts:||27 Mar 2015|
|Ends:||27 Mar 2015|
|What is it:||Workshop|
|Organiser:||School of Social Sciences|
|How much:||Free- booking required|
|Who is it for:||University staff, Current University students|
Although there has been much written on the ethics of war by just war theorists, much less attention has been to the ethics of the alternatives to war (or ‘soft war’), including economic sanctions, diplomacy, nonviolent resistance, cyber war, propaganda, and lawfare. This workshop brings together some leading just war theorists and political philosophers to consider both specific alternatives and the alternatives as a whole.
• Ariel Colonomas, Sciences Po.
• Cheyney Ryan, University of Oregon
• Christopher Finlay, University of Birmingham
• Elizabeth Ellis, University of Leeds
• Jessica Wolfendale, West Virginia University
• Michael Gross University of Haifa
• Sebastian Kaempf, University of Queensland
• Tamar Meisels, Tel Aviv University
Registration is free.
Space is limited, so registration is on a first-come, first-served basis.
Please register here: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/the-ethics-of-the-alternatives-to-war-tickets-15664906156
For any other questions, please contact the workshop organiser, James Pattison (firstname.lastname@example.org)
The workshop is hosted by MANCEPT (the Manchester Centre for Political Theory). For more information, see http://www.mancept.com/
Price: Free- booking required
Travel and Contact Information
2nd floor boardroom (2.016-017)
Arthur Lewis Building