Masterclass - 55 Behaviours of Transformational Educators
|Starts:||10:00 27 Jan 2020|
|Ends:||12:00 27 Jan 2020|
|What is it:||Workshop|
|Organiser:||Faculty of Biology, Medicine and Health|
|Speaker:||Dianne Burns , Judith Williams|
Delivered by Dianne Burns & Judy Williams
This session aims to inspire behaviour change in those who teach.
We will highlight findings from our research which identifies the 55 core behaviours of 'transformational educators' and encourage participants to reflect upon ways in which they can adopt such behaviours and support colleagues to develop them too.
Intended learning outcomes of the session:
• Explain the principles of 'transformational' teaching.
• Identify the 55 core behaviours of transformational educators.
• Reflect upon ways in which teachers can adopt practices and behaviours in order to become a more 'transformational' educator.
• Discuss how this information might be used to inform staff development programmes
• Consider how the observation of 'educator' behaviours could be used to assist in the recognition of teaching excellence.
Refreshments will be provided. If you would like to attend this event, please register via Eventbrite: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/masterclass-55-behaviours-of-transformational-educators-tickets-84129735303
The Academy for Education and Professional Development’s mission is “To ensure consistent high-quality development and delivery of educational programmes with student experience at their heart”. Academy events are open to all those who contribute to the development, delivery and management of FBMH undergraduate, postgraduate and continuing professional development programmes including staff from across the University, the Manchester Academic Health Science Centre and our NHS clinical education partners. The Pedagogy Seminar Series provides a forum to discuss research undertaken and/or pedagogy literature of interest.
Travel and Contact Information