|Starts:||3 Aug 2018|
|Ends:||7 Sep 2018|
|What is it:||Theatre/Performance|
|Who is it for:||General public|
The National Graphene Institute team up with Brighter Science to celebrate women in art and science
From music made by robots to a spectacular tribute to an unsung heroine, we’re delighted to announce The Hexagon Experiment – six ‘Friday night experiments’ bringing together women at the forefront of music, art and science.
Taking place across six Friday evenings in Newcastle and Gateshead this summer as part of the Great Exhibition of the North, The Hexagon Experiment will feature live music, conversations and original commissions from some of the North’s most exciting musicians and scientists including Jane Weaver, Anna Meredith, Stealing Sheep and Haiku Salut, with a special guest appearance from Lauren Laverne.
The six events are:
- 1: Sounds Of The Cosmos? Fri 3 Aug / 6-9pm? Cluny 2, Newcastle?
- 2: We Are The Robots ?Fri 10 Aug / 6-9pm ?Centre for Life, Newcastle?
- 3: Adventures in Flatland? Fri 17 Aug / 6-9pm ?Great North Museum, Newcastle?
- 4: Making Waves ?Fri 24 Aug / 6-9pm? Sage Gateshead
- 5: Wow Machine ?Fri 31 Aug / 6-9pm? Boiler Shop, Newcastle
- 6: Works in Progress ?Fri 7 Sep / 6-9pm? Cobalt, Newcastle?
The events are free but pre-booking is recommended. To get your tickets and for more information visit: https://www.brightersound.com/the-hexagon-experiment/
Travel and Contact Information