|Dates:||15 June 2023 - 16 June 2023|
|What is it:||Conferences|
|Organiser:||Department of Computer Science|
/ Register and pay before 31st May for a 25% discount (£100 for students, £200 for non-students).|
|Who is it for:||University staff, Adults, General public|
|Speaker:||Dr Angus Roberts, Dr Yonghui Wu|
The sixth Healthcare Text Analytics Conference (HealTAC 2023) is taking place in Manchester in June, and will be hosted by the Department of Computer Science.
The conference preliminary agenda s available on the web site, including the pre-conference events.
The keynotes will focus on the impact and promises of large healthcare language models. We will hear from two experts that are involved in large centres that work with clinical free-text data in the UK and the US.
• Dr Angus Roberts (King’s College London): “From regular expressions to pre-trained language models – 14 years of applying NLP at the Maudsley Biomedical Research Centre”
• Dr Yonghui Wu (University of Florida’s College of Medicine): “Opportunities and Challenges of Conversational Artificial Intelligence and Large Language Models in Healthcare”.
Panels and forums:
- Industry forum: Translational opportunities and challenges of healthcare generative models
- PPIE forum: Co-production of clinical NLP applications with patients and public
- Annotation guidelines: from clinical needs to textual annotations
- Towards evaluation guidelines for clinical NLP applications
Presentations, demos, posters:
Over 30 different projects presented and discussed in an open and collaborative environment.
The registration site is open below. The early bird fee is £100 for students and £200 for non-students before 31st May 2023, and includes the full two days of the conference on June 15th and 16th (with lunches and the conference dinner on June 15th), and pre-conference events on June 14th.
From June 1st, the registration fee will be £125 for students, and £250 for non-students.
Full details are available at: http://healtex.org/healtac-2023/
HealTAC is supported by Frontiers, Hoffmann-La Roche, The Christabel Pankhurst Institute for health technology research and innovation, The University of Manchester and Marketing Manchester.
Follow the further conference announcements at #HEALTAC2023.
Offers: Register and pay before 31st May for a 25% discount (£100 for students, £200 for non-students).
Dr Angus Roberts
Organisation: King's College London
Dr Yonghui Wu
Organisation: University of Florida's College of Medicine
Travel and Contact Information