Workshop for Academics: Engaging with Policymakers for the Arts and Humanities
|Starts:||09:15 23 Mar 2022|
|Ends:||16:30 23 Mar 2022|
|What is it:||Workshop|
|How much:||FREE - Booking Essential via email@example.com|
|Who is it for:||University staff|
Are you keen to engage policymakers with your research findings?
Humanities academics working for The University of Manchester are invited to join Policy@Manchester for a full day, in-person workshop on engaging with policymakers.
Facilitated by the Institute for Government this session will demystify government and explain how to engage successfully with policymakers. The workshop will be engaging, informative and practical, with lots of opportunities to apply practical knowledge to your own areas of research. We will look at the challenges faced by arts and humanities in particular and, where possible, we will draw on examples and case studies that are relevant to you.
By the end of the workshop you will have:
• Gained an improved understanding of the governmental landscape
• Learned how academic research is used in policymaking
• Learned practical tips for engaging with Parliament, the Civil Service, devolved and local government, and intermediary organisations
• Discussed how to raise your profile and develop networks
• Practised communicating effectively with policymakers
Booking is essential. To register your interest for the workshop, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, position (i.e. Research Associate, Lecturer ) and associated school (i.e SEED, SoSS, SALC, AMBS).
Price: FREE - Booking Essential via email@example.com
Travel and Contact Information
On South Campus - Location confirmed on booking