Sustainable Futures External Launch
|Starts:||1 Sep 2021|
|Ends:||1 Sep 2021|
|What is it:||Exhibitions|
|Who is it for:||General public|
UoM Sustainable Futures will develop more complete understandings of the environmental systems on which we depend and human interactions with them. It will spur scientific innovation and facilitate societal change at scale and pace to address urgent environmental crises. Sustainable Futures is unique in bringing together core environmental expertise and connecting with broader societal agendas to develop systemic, innovative and actionable solutions.
The event will bring together researchers from across the University of Manchester to highlight activity around the Sustainable Futures interconnected 'challenge areas':
- Resilient futures: fulfilling societal functions in the face of accumulating and disruptive environmental change at various scales, whilst ensuring our natural environments are protected, restored and sustained.
- Resourceful futures: providing for human needs in ways that sustainably manage finite resources and recover value from rather than lose materials into the environment.
- Net-zero futures: delivering rapid emissions reductions and enhancing our ability to remove and store carbon.
- Healthy futures: managing risks to humans and ecosystems and realising the benefits of transitioning to an environmentally sustainable future.
- Inclusive and prosperous futures: delivering environmental sustainability through a just transition that enables communities to thrive
Please note: This event is for internal University of Manchester delegates only.
Register here to receive further details on this, and other Sustainable Futures events and activities - https://tinyurl.com/sustainablefuturesuom
Travel and Contact Information